What will your DTG printer be doing while you are having a break?
Does your business close down over the holiday period? If it does, you need to prepare your DTG printer for the scheduled down time.
You do not want to be leaving ink in the printer unattended. It will seperate and could clog the print head and lines.
If this happens you will be paying for a costly service call to replace the print head and to flush the system.
We recommend that you follow the following steps to prepare your DTG printer for the break.
- Flush out the white ink from the WIMS and ink lines.
- Flush the CMYK from the ink lines.
- Flush the print head.
- Flush the system with Cleaning Solution.
- Flush the system with the Shipping Solution.
- Leave the Shipping Solution in the ink lines, this will also help to keep the print media moist.
- You can turn the machine off.
- Run you ink stock down so it is not sitting to long. Remember to shake any ink before using in the machine after the break. Also check the use by date to ensure the ink is still ok.
Check your user manual for more detailed instructions. If you are still not sure what to do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org